Partners & Associates
The Programme is a combined partnership of four different Universities.
GEM integrates academic excellence from four leading universities and their respective MSc programmes in geospatial science in a strategic partnership to support innovative academic practices. Each partner addresses different aspects of human-environment interaction challenges with applied geospatial science:
- Natural resources management at ITC-University of Twente, the Netherlands (ITC) - Read more
- Ecosystems and the environment at Lund University, Sweden (LU) - Read more
- Agriculture and forestry at UCLouvain University, Belgium (UCLouvain) - Read more
- Socio-ecological systems and urban planning at the University of Tartu, Estonia (UT) - Read more
The Erasmus Mundus GEM Programme has the support of many Associate Partners who, combined, provide a unique network of academic, industry, policy and non-governmental organisations with mandates to address social and environmental challenges.
The role of the Associate Partners is to :
Take part in Joint activities such as (virtual) meetings, common teaching elements and hackathons – Provide possibilities for internships or fieldwork
- Provide help with MSc thesis research activities by developing research ideas (with real-life challenges)
- Provide input for the Partner Universities on educational material and help develop the curriculum with their expertise.
- Develop joint projects that contribute to the internationalization strategies of the different universities.